Our Mediterranean inspired pizza with a twist – cauliflower pizza crust!
- 1 large cauliflower , cut into florets ( about 4 cups)
- 1 1/3 cup of Organic unbleached white all- purpose organic flour ( Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3 brown organic eggs
- 1 tbsp oregano
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp pureed garlic
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 red peppers
- 1 red onion
- 5oz feta
- 2 cups fresh organic spinach
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
(You can also add some Kalamata olives as a topping for even more great Mediterranean flavor.)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grab two pizza pan and coat both with cooking spray. You will only use one for now and the other for later instructions.
2. In one medium saucepan add cauliflower florets and water. Bring to a boil.
3. Drain well, then place cauliflower florets in a food processor with a pinch of garlic, salt and oregano; process to a consistency of rice.
4. Once you get the cauliflower to the right consistency, spoon into a large bowl; add remaining remaining crust ingredients and stir to combine.
5. Once all your crust ingredients are combined; spoon crust mixture onto pizza pan; smooth with a spoon to form an even layer.
6. Bake until medium brown on bottom (usually about 20 minutes), thin carefully flip over. Bake until evenly browned (usually 10 minutes).
*To make this step easier, grab the remaining pizza pan and place over the pizza crust and flip over. This will help to make sure your crust flips easier and not break.
7. As your crust is baking, slice up your red onion and red peppers so your toppings will ready to go on your crust.
8. Once evenly browned sprinkle crust with all your toppings; bake until heated through about 10 minutes. Slice into slices and serve.
As my family and I like to say, “Mangia! Stin igia mas kai apolamvano!”